Hi there! Thank you so much for selecting us as your in-home massage therapist.
We wanted to let you know everything that will happen on the treatment day. But before I invite you to read our Covid info page.
So here are the details of the day:
1) You will receive a confirmation 16 hours before the treatment, just as a reminder if you forgot or need to reschedule or cancel your appointment. (Our cancellation policy is 12 hours in advance).
2) On the day of the massage, we will send you an email stating that we are on our way. With the email, you will receive a link that will give you access to track live updates of the therapist’s GPS location until she or he arrives at your location. Please if you haven’t received the Glympse by email, let me know by text message at 514 963-0905. I want to assure that everyone at Spa Mobile goes through the same process because informing is soothing and I want you guys to live the best in-home massage experience.
3) Showing up with a smile on arrival is very important because it creates a warm atmosphere from the start. So, it is on our standards. (Note that we will be wearing masks during the Covid pandemic).
4) We will determine together where the massage will be held and if we have enough space. We will need at least a 4×8 feet space and a plug. Most of the time, the chosen area is in the living room, sometimes the bedroom for privacy and darkness. If you have kids, most families will go through the garage (if you have one) instead of in the basement. If you choose a Duo (Tandem) we will put 2 tables up, usually, it’s in the living room or living room and kitchen (combined).
5) The therapist will first install the sauna if you have chosen this option. While the sauna heats up, we will put the table up. Putting everything together usually takes around 15 mins.
6) If you choose the sauna: We will inform you about its use and temperature. We recommend bringing 2 towels, one for the seat and one by your side, cause you’ll be dripping sweat when you finish ;). You can dress up in a bathing suit or underwear (top). The sauna is normally ready when the therapist has finished putting the table up. You can relax inside while we open the files and ask you all the necessary questions about your health etc… If you have chosen the additional 15 mins head and face massage or hand massage, it will be done after the questioning. So you’ll be in the sauna for at least 30 mins. You’ll have a crazy sweaty toxin drop moment 😉 Usually, we start feeling the sweat at around 20 mins. The good thing about receiving a 15 mins massage in the sauna is it helps you take the mind off how hot you are and more centred on the massage. After the sauna, you will put your towel on and take a nice cool shower (remember the hot and cold cycle at the spa). While you are taking your battery, we will clean the sauna.
7) If there’s no sauna: After putting the table up, we will sit down (usually at the kitchen table or on the sofa), so we can discuss your health and plans for the treatment. This usually takes 15 mins per person; we normally do everyone’s files at once. If you want to fill it up in advance, here’s the link: Medical Intake Form
8) When we are ready, the therapist will ask where the bathroom is to clean their hands while you can get undressed and ready to go on the table. Usually, we ask to go on your stomach underneath the drapes. You can be naked or keep your underwear. We RECOMMEND bringing a bathrobe with you, so you don’t need to dress up completely after the massage and extend your in-home comfort with the bathrobe.
9) We will look and ask if your head is comfortable, if you feel the heated table and will add the long cylinder pillow order your feet. You can put your hands and arms on the armrest in front of you or on the table by your side.
10) We will start by putting the oil (with essential oil) *Please advise us before if you don’t want any essential oil after adding the oil, that’s where we start calculating the massage time.
11) After the massage, we will leave the room so you can get dressed or put on your bathrobe. If there’s an extra person to do (couples etc.), we will fix the table after getting dressed. We will start the next person right after.
12) After finishing the treatments and everyone included in the package, we will put all the equipment back in the suitcase; usually, this will take us 15 mins.
13) Afterwards, we will sit down and create the insurance receipts (if you need any) and create the payment. Usually, the client sends us an Etransfer amount to our business email email@example.com (all the info is written on the business card we will give you when opening the files (health questions before the massage).
The Etransfer email will be the therapists: (constance@spa-mobile, matthias@spa-mobile, jennie@spa-mobile, benjamin@spa-mobile, vicky@spa-mobile or jonathan@spa-mobile). We will also send you a payment receipt by email, usually later that night on the same day.
If the therapist has left without sending you the receipt please send me a text at 514 963-0905, and ill inform the therapist. My goal is to make this experience stress-free with a soothing process.
14) Before leaving, we want to know your feedback on the massage and ask if you can review our google business account. In return, we will give you an extra 15 mins massage on your next appointment.
here’s the link to google if you want to share your experience:
We hope we gave you enough information about what to expect on the treatment day.
Just as a reminder of what is recommended to have:
- Bathrobe for after the massage
- 2 towels and a bathing suit or underwear for the sauna
- A space with a plug to install the table massage
Thank you, and see you soon, Claudia Lasante-Lajeunesse Founder at Spa Mobile.
Please contact me if you have any further question by call or text: 514 963-0905
This page is also available in: Français (French)